Aftercare, Maintenance Services
There are a range of things you can do to care for your MODMO ebike and prevent it from needing repairs, but what if you do find yourself in need of a service? Here’ s a rundown of how to service your MODMO ebike, when to see a mechanic or contact our customer service team.
- What’s covered under your warranty
- What your bike shop can do
- Maintenance at home
- When to ask MODMO
What’s covered under your warranty
Here’s an overview of what is and isn’t covered under your warranty. For more detailed information regarding your warranty you can consult your user manual or get in touch with our customer service team.
Long-Term Warranty (2 years)
- Battery capacity (within 300 charging cycles)
- Front and Bekan Light
- Enviolo hub
- Frame and Fork (5 years)
Short-Term Warranty (90 days)
- Tyres, tubes, rims and spokes
- Chain and belt
- Pedals and grips
- Chain rings, belt rings and sprockets
- Brake pads, fluid and hoses
- Nuts bolts and bearings
- Bearings and seals (wheels, headset, pistons, bottom bracket, etc)
- Gear Cables and cable housing
- Handlebar grips
- Paint and all surfaces
When warranty does not apply
Warranty does not cover you if the damage to your bike falls under the following scenarios:
- Normal wear and tear
- Corrosion (e.g. rust caused by extended moisture exposure)
- Damage caused by improper use
- Damage or failure due to misuses, accident, abuse, neglect or vandalism
- Damage caused by improper repair tools and insufficient care
- Damage caused by the use of used parts
- Damage caused by retrofitting of non-standard equipment or parts, or by modifications not listed in the MODMO manual
What your bike shop can do
There are a number of services you may need for your MODMO ebike that can be carried out by a regular mechanic. Here is a list of things you can go to fix at your local bike mechanic. You can always reach out to our team (at email@example.com) but for these things you shouldn’t need to.
Maintenance at home
When to ask MODMO
While the above jobs can be done by any mechanic, there are some repairs that are specific to our ebikes and can only be addressed by a MODMO-certified partner company. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange repairs for you via our nearest outlet.
Here are the jobs that will need to be covered via our customer service team and a mechanic trained on our proprietary parts:
- Replacing any of the electrical components (Controller, wiring, LCD handlebar etc.) Our wiring layout is unique to our bike, so if you are experiencing an issue where an electrical component needs to be repaired or replaced, it will need the attention of a Modmo trained mechanic.
- Battery issues - If your battery is causing an issue, it will need to be tested with a mulit-meter. If your battery is faulty or has died within the charging cycle limit and/or the warranty timeline, we will arrange a replacement for you.
- Motor issues - If your bike is experiencing issues with the motor, it will need to be assessed then repaired or replaced by a Modmo trained mechanic.
How to request a Warranty Repair
If you’re experiencing an issue with your bike that falls under our warranty policy, you first need to contact email@example.com. Once we are aware of the issue, we will arrange with our servicing partner, GBS, to come to a location of your choice to assess and solve the issue.
If your bike has suffered an irreparable problem, we may arrange a replacement if it’s under our warranty policy.
Where do GBS operate?
With nationwide coverage in over 30 cities across Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark you can rest assured we’ve got your back. Best of all or MODMO authorised GBS Technicians will come to you.
GBS and MODMO share the same passion and vision for ensuring your bikes are in tip top shape so that you can enjoy many years of active e-bike fun. As well as providing full warranty support for MODMO they also offer proactive servicing options so be sure to check them out.
As well as GBS we continue to expand our service partnerships across our key territories. Click on the map for more information.
Support is only a form away.
The process couldn't be simpler. Fill in the form here with the email your bike is registered to, your bike model – whether that be Saigon S or Saigon+ – and describe in as much detail as possible the issue you're having.
Once you've submitted you will receive a confirmation email and our team will be touch to help support you.